A bit about the history of the Inn & Torver
Torver's first recorded name was ‘Thoruergh’ back in 1195. 'Torver' appeared in records in 1537
The Vikings settled here and farmed the land.
There are ancient remains on the surrounding hill-sides
The Church House Inn, previously ‘The Kirk House’ or ‘Kirk’us’ dates from the early 1400's
Rumour is that parts of The Church House building are haunted
In 1954 the first major UFO sighting in Britain took place near the village of Torver